By Jose Luis Ortega
Academic se's: intends to run during the present landscape of the tutorial se's via a quantitative process that analyses the reliability and consistence of those companies. the target is to explain the most features of those engines, to spotlight their merits and disadvantages, and to debate the consequences of those new items sooner or later of medical verbal exchange and their impression at the study size and review. briefly, educational se's offers a precis view of the hot demanding situations that the internet set to the medical job in the course of the so much novel and leading edge looking out prone on hand on the internet.
- This is the 1st method of examine se's solely addressed to the study group in an integrative guide. the newness, expectation and value of a lot of those providers justify their analysis.
- This ebook isn't really purely an outline of the net functionalities of those providers; it's a medical assessment of the main awesome features of every platform, discussing their value to the scholarly communique and learn evaluation.
- This ebook introduces an unique technique in keeping with a quantitative research of the coated facts throughout the broad use of crawlers and harvesters which permit moving into intensity into how those engines are operating. Beside of this, a close descriptive assessment in their functionalities and a serious dialogue approximately their use for clinical neighborhood is displayed.
Read or Download Academic search engines : a quantitative outlook PDF
Similar library management books
Please input product description
Numerical facts is all over and the way most sensible to address and leverage it's a becoming difficulty within the educational global as a rule and the tutorial library global particularly. Libraries are usually not purely storehouses and key contacts for library consumers in getting access to numbers, yet also are creditors and clients in their personal facts, that's necessary to the functioning of the library itself.
Giving adolescents a room in their personal within the library - one that is enjoyable, fashionable, and unlibrary-like - is a sure-fire option to draw this crucial and fast-growing inhabitants in. youngster areas outlines a step by step plan for making a fresh area or making over an present one. Drawing from surveys and her personal own teenager advisory panel.
This paintings fulfills the necessity for a conceptual and technical framework to enhance realizing of knowledge caliber (IQ) and data caliber criteria. The that means and functional implementation of IQ are addressed, because it is suitable to any box the place there's a have to deal with facts and concerns comparable to accessibility, accuracy, completeness, foreign money, integrity, reliability, timeliness, usability, the position of metrics and so on are all part of details caliber.
- Going Places with Youth Outreach: Smart Marketing Strategies for Your Library
- After the Book : Information Services for the 21st Century
- The systems librarian: designing roles, defining skills
- Australian Library Supervision and Management
- Snapshots of Reality: A Practical Guide to Formative Assessment in Library Instruction
- Moving Your Library: Getting the Collection from Here to There
Additional info for Academic search engines : a quantitative outlook
Thus, mistakes were found in abstracts, titles, names, publication years, etc. This creates a poor impression for users, and indicates that there is no cleaning process. In fact, its principal functionality – autonomous citation indexing – shows serious deficiencies because the citation count differs from one view of the (same) document to another. All of this advises against the use of CiteSeerx for bibliometric studies and throws doubt on the citation values and rankings produced by the search engine.
20), we saw that these errors were present in every type of extracted data. Thus, mistakes were found in abstracts, titles, names, publication years, etc. This creates a poor impression for users, and indicates that there is no cleaning process. In fact, its principal functionality – autonomous citation indexing – shows serious deficiencies because the citation count differs from one view of the (same) document to another. All of this advises against the use of CiteSeerx for bibliometric studies and throws doubt on the citation values and rankings produced by the search engine.
5 percent) presenting a strange publication date between 0 and 1900. One might think that these dates correspond to ancient digitalized documents, as will be seen with Scirus, but actually they all belong to documents published later than 1900 for which the parser has confused the publication date with the pagination, series number, volume, etc. 7). 7 Results page from the query: documents published between 0 and 1900 (17 February 2014) aforementioned problems on the absence of the indexation of erroneous data suggest that these failures may be more numerous than just those observed.